Ms. Margolies' experience as a Criminal Defense attorney has shown her that too many defendants face the obstacles of racial profiling. And, as an attorney for the student association at the State University of New York, she witnessed college students being exploited by a system that determined their guilt before they were even charged with a crime.
Carolyn’s experience has shown that DUI arrests are often flawed and can be dismissed by challenging the existence of probable cause when the officer makes the first stop. She knows how to ask the right questions: Is there enough evidence to support whether or not there was actual impairment at the time of the stop? Can the State establish the validity of the breathalyzer, the accuracy of its mechanics, the experience and knowledge of the officer who administered the test? Carolyn knows the rules and regulations of the Traffic and Highway Safety Department, and the Department of Motor Vehicles, and she will take you through all the steps necessary for your license to be re-instated in the State of Florida.
Here are some of the areas where Carolyn’s experience and expertise can help you avoid a criminal sentence that could impact the rest of your life:
• Driver’s License Suspension and DUI’s
• Domestic Violence, Violations of Restraining Orders and Injunctions
• Drug Possession and Intent to Sell
• Disorderly Conduct, Criminal Mischief, Assault and Battery
• Crimes of Violence, Gun, and Weapons Charges
• Probation Violations
• Outstanding Warrants and Failing to Appear
• Bond Hearings
• Expungement and the Sealing of Criminal Records
Affordable legal services • All major credit cards accepted • Personalized payment plans available.